Sunday, February 04, 2007

ICC: The state has filed to seize our land

All:

As expected, the State Highway Administration has filed in court, as of Jan. 16, to seize the parcel of our land they want for the ICC. Technically I believe this now means that the state now possesses our land. I have not yet retained a lawyer because of the cost, but others who have consulted lawyers tell me this is the case. A check for the amount they offered us has been filed with the clerk of the court of Montgomery County in our name.

Please plan to attend the annual neighborhood meeting, at 7 pm on Sunday, Feb. 11, at #7519, to discuss what this filing means and how we should proceed from here.

If you would like me to email you the PDF of the court documents, just let me know at awitze@gmail.com.

No comments: